Leading Vegas Realty specializes in the area of probate and can help personal representatives with the sale of any real estate properties that the estate has to liquidate. We understand the process of settling an estate through probate and can assist you every step of the way to ensure a smooth transaction.
Understanding the Probate Process
Probate is a legal process of settling the affairs of the deceased’s estate. A person can pass away either testate (with will)or intestate (without will). The probate court will be in charge of monitoring and administering the decedent’s estate to ensure that the estate is properly distributed to heirs and/or designated beneficiaries and any debt owed to creditors is paid off.
Probate Process Timeline
Here are the steps for a basic probate process:
- Prepare and file petition
- Court hearing on the petition
- Issue the following documents:
- Letters of Administration or Letters Testamentary
- Instructions for Personal Representative
- Probate bond (if ordered)
- Notice to creditors
- Estate inventory and appraisement
- Pay bills and federal/state taxes
- File and hearing petition for final distribution and accounting
- Final distribution and accounting
In a routine probate process, it normally takes a minimum period of 4 to 6 months and it can take much longer if complications arise. The probate process can be intimidating, however, many of these steps can happen simultaneously. With the assistance of an experienced probate real estate professional and attorney, the length of the process can be shortened and streamlined. Leading Vegas Realty works with reputable probate attorneys in Las Vegas valley and we are here to assist you with probate real estate sales in southern Nevada.